Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Beauty Lou and the Country Beast!

WOW, what a great experience! Since the students do not have regular theatre classes, The Missoula Children’s Theatre (http://www.mctinc.org) was hired to fly down to St. Kitts to transform our students at Ross Prep School into Broadway actors and actresses. This company travels all over the world teaching and inspiring children about theatre in just four days.  They arrived on Friday and started conducting auditions for the theatre production of “Beauty Lou and the Country Beast.” After casting, they immediately started rehearsals.  My class was also sent to the vet school to sell tickets to the vet school students.  I have quite the little salesmen in my class.  I don’t think that at six and seven years old I would have been able to get up in front of 150 adults on a microphone and give a sales pitch.  They even sang a piece from the show!  The children rehearsed Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday and on Thursday they had a dress rehearsal.  By Thursday afternoon the students were ready to perform two performances, a matinee at 4:00 and an evening performance at 6:00.  They were simply AMAZING! I was one PROUD teacher! I can’t even imagine how their parents must have felt.  Events like this just reiterate the fact that Brandon and I are in a great place! 

No comments:

Post a Comment